X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Choisissez le futur projet de Calpis

Salut,

Si vous aimez les projets un peu fous...

Envoyé par Calpis Voir le message
    Background: Over the last two years of unemployment I've been developing various projects incrementally. My lack of focus has left me destitute since nothing has made it into production, and I'm unsure where to direct my efforts. I've come to realize people don't care that much about supporting causes, they're more for reaping the results ie physical goods. So with that said, it's time for me to get on the ball. The caveat: I'm long out of savings, and at the end of my "line of credit" so my only options at this moment are to go out and literally beg for a low-responsibility retail job (computer engineers aren't exactly in demand here in the North East) so I can finance my own production in my down time, or take the plunge into entrepreneurship by reaching out via Kickstarter etc. Obviously #2 sucks less, so...

Which of the following projects would you (financially) support?

Console game stuff:

Another Famicom/NES flash cart - approx. $100, would need approx. 200 backers. Why when there are two currently in development? Well, I don't like their hardware designs from the teaser pics, and since FC is probably my favorite console I'm confident I can do as good of a job, if not better. With enough support I will make it open-source.

Low-level Famicom disk dumper and analysis software - would require 200+ x $10 donations. The project would be more about research and dumping disks than hardware, but I would send hand-built hardware to those most eager to be part of the effort.

Highly-accurate open-source Famicom/NES clone *DESIGN* - would need approx. 600 x $10 donations. This project is about transcribing the chip layouts made available by the Visual6502 team and Quietust into transistor schematics, then from transistor schematics into logical components and then into a hardware-agnostic HDL design. All work will be released and part of the funds will be offered to the others involved in the prior work.
    -OR-
    Highly-accurate open-source FULL Famiclone *HARDWARE*, w/ RGB output etc - approx. $100 ea, would need 200-250 backers. This would probably be a PCB replacement for the original Famicom, but offer RGB output, and maybe some optional development features allowing you to roll your own debugger or game dumper.

FC/NES *PPU* clone board, w/ RGB output - approx. $100 ea, would need approx. 200 backers. Save the Playchoice PPUs!

Neo Geo AES/MV-4 schematics, custom chip hints, etc. - would need approx. 300 x $10 donations to finish.

NG HDMI upgrade board - approx. $100 ea, would need approx. 200 backers to start.

NG MVS *FULL hardware clone* w/ HDMI output - approx. $400 ea, would need 100+ backers to start... I'd be under immense pressure with this one, but it could pay off. I could alternately do an AES board that fits into the original shell, but it'll be even more expensive...

Open-source Sega Saturn modchip, based on the older designs - approx. $20 ea, would need approx 300 backers. Yeah, kind of a long shot...

Windows software:

High-performance 2D game development framework (open-source) - a lightweight API that will let you get down to the nitty-gritty of game development. Think SDL but lighter and highly influenced by console games. Would need approx. 300 x $10 donations to start.

^The above, but further developed into a multi-emulator system a la MAME/MESS. MAME is a MESS, so this project shouldn't be thought of as a MAME rewrite or clone, it'd be an original implementation of a similar idea, with a different mission and design guidelines. My vision is something like an end-all emulator for not only arcade platforms, consoles and computers, but by modularizing things it could be turned into a powerful SYSTEM simulation/development tool at any level of abstraction. Note that I cannot possibly replace all of MAME's drivers! Would need approx. 400 x $10 donations.
    -OR-
    ^The above, but further developed into a PC based arcade platform like Taito Type X. The project would be expanded to include a USB input/security dongle device. Would need approx. 500 x $10 donations...

Tech hardware:

Open-source logic analyzer - approx. $100 ea, would need approx. 200 backers. There are a few open-source logic analyzers out there now, but they suck. Their hardware sucks, their FPGA designs suck (they have low timing sample rates, they don't support state analysis), and their software sucks. I think I can change all that by bringing both a novel FPGA design and useful waveform software.

Open-source parallel port <-> USB bridge - approx. $50 ea, would need approx. 200 backers. This would would let you interface with parallel port devices over USB, or you could use it for GPIO in whatever project. There is one similar device out there, but it has a lot of limitations: it uses obscure hardware, it's over-engineered and difficult to build, the learning curve is high and it's slow. I can make the hardware simple, the API simple, and the performance high by getting around the USB latency issue.

Ideas? Comments? (Yes I know real jobs pay more, but this stuff is my life.)

Source : http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...project-for-me

- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -
    -

Je lui donne $200 si il revient sur le chan irc neogeodev.

Nan j'deconne, j'ai jamais eu plus de $2

Commentaire

Chargement...
    X